Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tip Day!

It’s Wednesday so you know I have a Fashion Tip, Marriage Tip, Baby Tip, and even a new Recipe!

Before I get started I wanted to welcome my new followers, so glad you ladies have decided to join me J

Today’s Fashion Tip:
Color Blocking…..I have seen so many celebs doing this new trend, to Wendy Williams, to Tracee Ellis Ross to Kristen Cavallari. Now if you don’t know how to do it, DON’T try it because you can either look really uncoordinated or you can be one of the new fashion trendsetters. Color blocking is like using colors you wouldn’t normally see together like red and gray or teal and yellow….different huh? But it’s actually cute if you know what you’re doing. And it’s another way to add bright colors to your fall wardrobe. Check out Essence.com for more tips on how to color block: http://admin.photos.essence.com/galleries/how_to_wear__color_block#1036753

Baby Tip:
Tired of people butting in to how to take care of your baby, especially your in-laws or even you own parents? The best way is to listen to their advice (do the ole nod and smile...lol) but it does not mean you have to agree or follow it. These days everyone has an opinion or an old remedy to tell, but that may not be for you or you may be surprised…you may actually learn something. I’m like my dad… I tend to be very upfront, especially when it comes to me and the care of my family and in particular, the care of my baby;
Just let them know, in a gentle but assuring way, “Yes, I may be new to this and there are some things I may not know but be assured when it comes down to care of my baby, he/she is my top priority”. That way, they are aware and you have made your point. Remember, Grandparents just want the best for you and the baby; it may be hard for them to see you all grown up and taken care of another, because they have held your hand for so long. A friend once told me, “Grandparents have privileges not rights!” J

Marriage Tip:
Since the baby, show of hands, how many would rather catch up on some sleep than sex??? LOL. Believe me ladies I know, and I’m sure you’re hubby probably would say the same thing but tries to get “it” every chance he gets because he knows it’s know a commodity. Lmbo, it is too funny. Listen, I’ve been there, you put the baby down and you exhale and think…finally, now I can rest, but then…. As tired and exhausted you may be, I say go ahead…Sex can be a stress reliever and it can actually relax you and on top of that, it rekindles the flame in your relationship. It will seem like your needs are no longer priority and your body is no longer yours…especially when you’re breastfeeding too, BUT as soon as you feel that way, that’s when you tell the hubby, I need some “me” time and the debit card…lol. It is just as important that you take care of your diva self!

A simple recipe to try:

Total Time 20mins
Ingredients
  • 1 can condensed Southwest-style pepper jack soup
  • 8 ounces Mexican-style shredded cheese
  • 1 baguette French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • Spicy Tomato-Cheese Soup, recipe follows
Directions
In a bowl, combine condensed cheese soup and the shredded cheese. Spread mixture on baguette slices. Butter the outside of the sandwiches.
Heat large frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Place sandwiches in the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes. Flip sandwiches and cook second side. Cover frying pan to ensure that the cheese melts. Serve as "dunkers" with mugs of Spicy Tomato-Cheese Soup.
Spicy Tomato-Cheese Soup:
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
3 cups spicy tomato juice
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon dried basil
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat thoroughly, over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Serve in mugs with Grilled Cheese Dippers.

Lesson of the day: “Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength” ~ unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment